Hypnosis Lectures 2019
Hypnotism for Beginners
London – The Lighthouse – Monday 21 January 2019
Tickets for this evening event (7.00pm) £12.00
The Power of Suggestion – Lecture and Demonstration
For Colleges, Universities, Psychology & Sociology Conferences.
Andrew’s lecture/demonstrations have proved extremely popular with student audiences. The presentation is exciting and informative and offers an accurate and articulate insight into a much misunderstood phenomenon, explaining Hypnosis in a way that is enlightening and breaks through the myths and hocus-pocus surrounding the subject, offering a real understanding of Hypnosis in the contexts of Suggestion, Group Behaviour and dynamics, and Social Compliance.
From a minimum of 60 minutes up to 2 hours – the presentation includes some film footage, a short demonstration of Hypnosis and a Question & Answer session.
Andrew has worked in Clinical Therapy in Harley Street, specialising in the treatment of deep trauma and emotional problems. Andrew is a member of the Royal Society of Medicine.
Andrew Newton is senior lecturer in Hypnosis at the Hypnoseakademiet in Norway, Europe’s premier Hypnosis and EFT training school. He has held this position since 2008.
He is also is a regular speaker at Student Psychology A/AS level and general interest day Conferences for Phillip Allen Updates and a keynote speaker for Southwest Conferences.
Andrew recently accepted an invitation to lecture in Hypnosis at Indian Institutes of Technology in Delhi, Jodphur, Rajasthan, Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Gujarat and Bits Pilani University, Goa.
From Left to Right: with Professor Elizabeth Loftus – the world’s leading expert on memory, Cara Flanagan – eminent psychologist and author of over 100 books on psychology, Dr Philip Zimbardo – probably the world’s greatest living psychologist and originator of the Stanford Prison Experiment, Professor Richard Wiseman – author, Dr. David Wilson – authority on the psychology of murder, and eminent neurologist Dr. Guy Sutton.
Andrew is a regular speaker at professional psychology & hypnotherapy conferences in the UK and has shared the platform with such experts as:
- Professor Richard Wiseman – Professor in the Public Understanding of Psychology at the University of Hertfordshire and acclaimed author of several books, including The Luck Factor;
- Professor David Wilson – Professor of Criminology and Criminal Justice at Birmingham City University;
- Dr. Peter Lovatt – Principal Reader in Psychology at the University of Hertfordshire;
- Professor Sophie Scott – deputy director of the University College London’s Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience;
- Professor Simon Baron-Cohen – Professor of Developmental Psychopathology at the University of Cambridge;
- Gustav Kuhn – Lecturer in Psychology at Brunel University;
- Mike Cardwell – Senior Lecturer at Bath Spa University and former Chief Examiner AQA A;
- Phil Banyard – Nottingham Trent University London and former Cheif Examiner OCR;
- Cara Flanagan – Widely published author of A Level Psychology books;
- Professor Adrian Furnham – Professor of Psychology, University College, London;
- Alex Haslam – Professor of Social and Organizational Psychology at the University of Exeter;
- Professor Graham Davey – Professor of Psychology in the Department of Psychology at the University of Sussex;
- Professor Mark Griffiths – Chartered Psychologist and Professor of Gambling Studies at Nottingham Trent University;
- Dave Clarke – Chief examiner CIE Pre-U;
- Professor Sergio Della Sala – Human Cognitive Neuroscience, Edinburgh;
- Karen Duffy – Professor of Psychology, Manchester Metropolitan University;
- Dr. Graham Wagstaff – Professor of Psychology, University of Liverpool.
Fees on application
Please email us for more details and bookings.